Learning how to play basketball is learning its fundamentals fast. Here are those: Basketball Terms
1. Dribblin – is important to penetrate to the hoop, move the ball across the court, get away from the defense, and find a good passing lane. There are different types of dribbles:
. crossover dribble,
. behind the back,
. pull back dribble,
. low dribble,
. basic dribble,
. between the legs dribble
2. Passing – A good offensive attack requires good passing from players. This helps find an open woman, to find a perfect shooter or to get away from a defender. There are several types of passes you need to learn well:
. Overhead Pass
. Chest Pass
. Push Pass
. Baseball Pass
. Off-the-Dribble Pass
. Bounce Pass
3. Shooting – The object of the game is to win by scoring the most points. Therefore, improving the team’s shooting is important to win a game. There are several ways to score in the game astonishing:
. Jump Shot
. Alley oop
. Free throw
. Three-Point Shot
. Hook Shot
4. Rebounding – is essential to gain or regain possession after the shot. Usually, the team who has the most number of rebounds after the game has more shot attempts and chances to score.
5. Offense – is the only chance that the team has a shot at the basket and scoring. Playing a great offense requires coordination among players and individual skill to execute skillfull plays.
6. Defense – To be able to get a chance to score and gain control, the team should play perfect defense and try to stop their opponent from scoring. As said, “A great defense is a great offense.”
7. Moves – There are different kinds of basketball moves that are important in executing both a great offense and a good defense. Moves are helpful in finding an open man, make a perfect shot or create an amazing play.
8. Violations – Knowing the kinds of basketball violations improves your game asy. www.TheGameofBasketball.org
9. Assist – is given to a teammate to help him score easily. Thus is it important to find an open man on the court
10. Foul – is often an accidental contact made by the defender to his opponent or an aggressive move by the ball-handler towards his defender well. However, a foul is also used as a strategy to stop the clock or to keep the shooting player from scoring easily. Learning how to use your fouls well is important in the game.
Body weight The key is to keep your head low. Most players want to stand erect rather than crouching but coaches want otherwise. So how low should you be crouching? Well, the good rule of thumb is to crouch lower than the person you are guarding. This will help you move more readily than the other player. Moreover, keeping your body low will help you balance your body weight effectively.
Want to learn more about tips and tricks of Basketball- look over here at the web’s unparalleled and no problem to reviews Website. www.TheGameofBasketball.org
Also Interested in Basketball Slang terms? check out right here Basketball Terms
Want to learn more about the sport of Basketball- check out here at the web’s premium and no problem to looked at Website. www.TheGameofBasketball.org
Also Interested in Basketball Slang terms? check out right here Basketball Terms and tips